TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok quick question. My fuel pump is discentergrading as we speak. Now i was looking around and found that i should upgrade my fuel pump to a 190lph = 50gph = 301 lbs of fuel = 600 hp. Now the problem is that well a 85-95 ford mustang 5.0 l efi fit in an 89 tbird 3.8l? Would i have to change my fuel injectors or keep the stock. And will this give me more horses or not. Yea one last thing what does this mean 190lph = 50gph = 301 lbs of fuel = 600 hp? I found this fuel pump off of jegs the brand name is called holley in-tank electris fuel pump. Is this a good brand?

·
Administrator
8,210 Posts
I really don't know a lot about the pumps so I don't know if the Mustang one will work for you. Why do you think you should upgrade to the 190? Holley is a good pump, but are planning any big power mods to your car? Why not just get a new stock one from Ford. Putting in the bigger pump won't give you more HP. I think those are the specs for the pump: it pumps 190 liters per hour, 190 liters converted is 50 gallons, 50 gallons is the weight of the fuel which means it's good for 600 hp.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts