TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Does anybody know how hard it is to change the fuel pump on a 95 thunderbird with 4.6 liter.
I did for the first time a couple months ago. Drop exhaust drop tank, remove fuel pump assembly. Get high on gas fumes. Replace parts and return to tank and reverse the first 2 steps. Btw there is a tech art on this from SC performance or mn12 performance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did for the first time a couple months ago. Drop exhaust drop tank, remove fuel pump assembly. Get high on gas fumes. Replace parts and return to tank and reverse the first 2 steps. Btw there is a tech art on this from SC performance or mn12 performance.
Thanks for the info I talked to a mechanic and he wanted $200 to put it in. I think I'll do it myself at home sounds simple good thing I only have a quarter of a tank. I will let u know how it went. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info I talked to a mechanic and he wanted $200 to put it in. I think I'll do it myself at home sounds simple good thing I only have a quarter of a tank. I will let u know how it went. Thanks.
Quick update ended up not having to drop the tank there was a blow EEC fuse in the power dist box under the hood blown replaced and car started right up. Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
dude, this may be a blessing in disguise if you havent already replaced your stock fuel pump...just the fact that you were willing to do it yourself tells me that you should go ahead and do it now, instead of after the car leaves you stranded somewhere leaving you pissed off..lol.....even a stock autozone replacement pump from autozone (master brand) flows more L/hr than the stocker....just something to think about

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
Be sure to look over the rubber parts while you're in there; they are known for disintegrating and causing a gas smell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts