TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of the fuel pump sending unit with the hoses attached? I have a gas smell that just started and I have narrowed it down to where the hoses attach to the assembly. Im thinking its the vent as the car is running perfectly normally. Is the vent hose just some rubber hose like vacuum hose?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I didnt look at the diagram but I guess what im really asking is how the hose connects to the EVAP emission valve on top of the tank, is it just a rubber hose, like vacuum hose clamped on to the valve or is it hard plastic?

·
5,650 Posts
The EVAP hose is hard plastic from the tank all the way to the EVAP canister, but there are joints along the way where it is rubber. The plastic line connects to the vent valve on the top of the tank with rubber hose, and again at the EVAP canister with rubber hose.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I figured, at least thats what it looked like in the factory service manual. When I peek my head under the car where the lines go up near the tank I can smell gas, and when I go over like 2000 rpm's I smell gas in the cabin, and if it sits overnight, but its not leaking anywhere. I just had my fuel pump replaced a few months ago so I doubt they replaced the hose. It feels really loose when I tug on it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also it seems I can smell it every 5-10minutes.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove home from work this morning and the smell would not go away. I reached my hand up where the lines go to the tank and there was a little bit of liquid fuel on the tip of my finger. The car runs normal and there arent any codes popping up.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have looked under there in my garage and on a rack. Only thing I havent done is drop the tank, which I cant until next thursday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts