TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the flow rate for a stock fuel pump on a 97 4.6. also is the stock fuel pump capable of flowing enough for 30# injectors?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
what's the flow rate for a stock fuel pump on a 97 4.6. also is the stock fuel pump capable of flowing enough for 30# injectors?
Not sure on what a stock fuel pump flows but what are you doing to need 30lb injectors?

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on what a stock fuel pump flows but what are you doing to need 30lb injectors?
pi head swap and doing bigger t/b.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pan on getting to 300hp with this engine. and i read that the 30# would be good for 300hp

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm curious, what are your plans for reaching 300?

The stock pump is around 90lph btw
well my plan so far is pi heads bigger t/b 75mm roughly, pi intake manifold, 73mm c&l maf, 225 or 190lph fuel pump, a tune, 3.55 gears, ud pullies. i think that'll put me at 300 maybe not 100% on that.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
well my plan so far is pi heads bigger t/b 75mm roughly, pi intake manifold, 73mm c&l maf, 225 or 190lph fuel pump, a tune, 3.55 gears, ud pullies. i think that'll put me at 300 maybe not 100% on that.
You are not going to get 300hp with stock PI heads and cams. Both will need to be upgraded to acheive 300hp....and then comes a good torque converter and other tranny mods since you are pre 98

Something to think about....most of your 99-04 PI mustangs will dyno at about 235-240 at the wheels (and that is through a 5 speed). So you are only talking about putting a bigger TB, ud pullies, a tune, and a bump in compression over a stock mustang. If a 5 speed mustang did these upgrades, it would probably put him at around 270hp with a good tune at the wheels. But again, you are running an automatic.

I have pretty much the same setup as you listed above only I am really close to 11:1 compression and I am plenty fine with 24lb injectors and a 190 pump.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
lol you've got high hopes.... that wont net you that. Also you wont need bigger injectors.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Looks like some 30#ers coming in the mail at any rate.

getting 300 hp takes alot more than that short list of mods.

I'd stick to stock injectors until you have some serious heads pushing the limits of the injectors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts