TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i got my trans out of my car. took geting the tank out to get the driveshaft off, and while i have it out, i think im gonna change the pump. might as well, 140k is a lot for an electric pump... so, i was just wondering if i should just go with anouther one for the 4.6 or if the ones from the SC3.8s have more flow/pressure, anyone want to chime in?

its my understanding that the pumps are all the same from like 90-97, i may be wrong, im not sure, why im asking.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
go with a walbro 190 lph with an oem sock and go buy your quick disconnect harness for it at autozone, this is a good OEM equivalent and good if you have extra horses.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I dont have a good answer about the fuel pump. But if you have to pull the trans again , you can take the pumpkin lose and that will allow the driveshaft to be removed from the trans. Its easier that way if you have half to full tank of gas.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have always had hopes, dreams, aspirations, etc... for more hp/tq and currently make slightly more than stock, so I went with the 255lph. I like knowing that pretty much no matter what I throw at it I'll never have to drop that damn tank again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts