TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 bird died and would not start, long story short i took it to the shop and they changed the fuel pump. Picked up the car and it starts pissing out gas on the passenger side. They said they cant fix it till monday, and ideas on what can possibly be wrong

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
they probably left one of the clips lose on the lines, or didn't reconnect one of them, like maybe the fuel return... either that or in the process of dropping the tank they bent, or broke one of the lines coming from the pump housing... its easy to do, especially when everything is so old and brittle.

on a separate note, my dad did forget to put the crossover line on the little shelf on the back of the differential when we had the tank out to swap the transmission, and the spinning drive-shaft rubbed a hole in it. if they already didn't do something right, i would make sure that is where it needs to be... save you a headache when your filling the tank a week later -_-

·
Super Moderator
10,910 Posts
Under the passenger side is where the fuel filter is, use a mirror and look at it.

There may be a small cover over it.

See where it's pissing from.

Don't smoke while you're doing it, ok? :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ah yes, forgot about the filter. yeah if its under the passenger door, that's most likely the issue, wonder if the shop replaced it... or unhooked it, cant see any reason why they would need to touch the filter to change the pump out in the tank.

jumped on the fuel pump change thing, and not the 'passenger side' thing :p

·
Registered
128 Posts
ah yes, forgot about the filter. yeah if its under the passenger door, that's most likely the issue, wonder if the shop replaced it... or unhooked it, cant see any reason why they would need to touch the filter to change the pump out in the tank.

jumped on the fuel pump change thing, and not the 'passenger side' thing :p

I would surely hope that anytime someone replaces a pump they replace the filter as well. So I'm sure thats why they touched it.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
We should just let him take it back and then we will all know what is wrong come monday. Obviously there is a hose/line loose somewhere, but if the OP would rather post about it than just jack up the car and LOOK around, then it's safe to say he won't do anything about it over the weekend. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well i took it back and they said "the preson who owned the car before you put a line in wrong" BULLSHT... considering there would be no other reason to drop the tank other then the filter which still had the oem in it . So after they fixed the line i noticed the inside of the car just reaks of raw gas to the point where you would assume the gas tank is in the passenger side. No mor visible leaks byut the fumes in the car are ubareable. I took it back and they said they dont know what it could be everything they did is not leaking. BS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts