TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may be in the wrong place but here goes.i would like to have a new fuel pump laying on the shelf and wondering what you use for a
stock replacement [complete setup] i usually use motorcraft or
or delphi. no airtex. even tried carter years ago because it was an oem supplier. didnt last a day. not sure who is the ford vendor nowdays .thanks for any input. for a 96 w/4.6.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
You can't go wrong with the Delphi Fuel Pump Senders..

Then if you are pushing more power than stock you can't go wrong with a real Walbro Fuel Pump either..

If you just want to drop a complete sender/fuel pump in on a stock car, use the Delphi Fuel Pump & Sender set-up..

I personally like the Delphi Fuel Pump Sender with a Walbro Fuel Pump combination the best..

Which requires removing the Delphi Fuel Pump, and replacing it with the Walbro Fuel Pump..

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Is this for your 36k mile car? If so, should be fine for a long time. No need to stock parts unless you are talking about discontinued factory parts.

Get that car from a forum member in the last couple weeks?

Al

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Dan always told me that the stock fuel pump was from WALBRO. Considering it's a common part amongst quite a few vehicles (not just tbirds) so I doubt this one will be discontinued anytime soon.
-g

·
Super Moderator
10,769 Posts
The big thing for fuel pump longevity is to keep at least 1/2 tank of fuel in it if you can.

It's when it says uncovered for weeks at a time that stuff starts to rust up. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this for your 36k mile car? If so, should be fine for a long time. No need to stock parts unless you are talking about discontinued factory parts.

Get that car from a forum member in the last couple weeks?

Al
no. bought it from a dealer. fellow i sold it to toured the western
states , came back w/10,000 miles more than when i sold it. i
bought it back in as good of condition as it left me. will keep it
till after the 50th anniversary of the cougar and let someone else enjoy it. goes to the IMOA meet in louisville this year and ford world
hq next june.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts