TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any OE 4.6L rails that will have a pressure sensor port and are return with the return & supply near the same location as 96/97 MN12's? I'm GUESSING no, but it can't hurt to ask, so that brings me to aftermarket. Anyone know of any decent, but not super expensive fuel rails that have a FRPS port in the same place as the Mustangs, and are set up for a return system, ideally using a OE or OE-Style FPR? If the rails would work with 2V *or* 4V motors, that would be a plus.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why a pressure sensor port with a FPR?
Because I'm working on converting to a 2004 PCM, and from reading, it's a good idea to have the FRPS to allow the PCM to adjust the pulsewidth to the rail pressure, and while supposedly, you CAN do without it, I haven't been able to get rid of the "FRPS Sensor High" DTC, even with the fuel system and pump type set to return.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get a hold of Ryan or Mike from the SCT PRP forum, and they might be able to send you a value file to disable this particular DTC
You think they'd have a val file to convert the fuel pump driver from PWM to straight ground so I could have the 04 PCM control the fuel pump in the same way the older return systems (MN12 included) where controlled?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think a value file would be able to do that, they'd have to look at the pcm strategy and maybe convert that in your database, if it's even possible
Well, FWIW, I found that when the PCM is in "operation" mode, it'll make a relay buzz loud (for the "Pump on" period) and then quiet continously. In "Program" mode, it appears to give a full ground (Makes the relay click like normal instead of buzz or hum), so who knows... Maybe it could.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts