TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search but it left me with more questions to ask...anways im doing basically a whole top end swap i have pi heads and manifold getting a new plenum and tb maf and a fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge this week. so i was wondering since i'm doing a whole top end swap would i be able to use the 99-04 fuel rails? i would like to get some hi flow ones instead of the stockers

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so then they would have to be the non pi mustang ones? unless i went to a full returnless fuel system.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well with the mods i have lined up to be slapped on i should be around 340 at the fly hopefully.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks

·
5,650 Posts
High flow lol

You aint going to get 340 at the crank with just a PI top end and snake oil bolt ons.
Don't you know, he's a dreamer!!! I'm sure there's already a spot on his list for a huge throttle body and adapter plus a hot air intake. That plus the PI swap and some 91 octane with octane booster should put him close to 400 hp at the rear wheels!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the stock NPI rails on mine and they are enough. You should be fine.
I was considering doing a returnless fuel system on mine when I did the PI swap, and then
i found out how much work for no gain it would be and kept it return style.
Get a 255 lph pump and if you need more, look into the Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't you know, he's a dreamer!!! I'm sure there's already a spot on his list for a huge throttle body and adapter plus a hot air intake. That plus the PI swap and some 91 octane with octane booster should put him close to 400 hp at the rear wheels!
i have dreams sure who doesn't with these cars. as for the tb im only doing 75mm with a 75mm plenum trickflow has a deal on them. the hot air intake will eventually be changed or at least a heat shield added. octane boosters are stupid and a waste. but there is a gas station not far from my house that sells 100 octane.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts