TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my "check gauges" light comes on sometimes when I enter a steep/angled driveway too fast. It seems to be from fuel slosh. I assume that the fuel pump still has enough fuel since it doesn't cut out, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and is there any way to fix or actually I guess I just want to make sure that it won't hurt anything actually. I haven't ever taken the gas tank off, so I just ASSume that it has a bucket to keep some fuel on the fuel pump under hard acceleration/hard cornering. Thanks for any help or advice.

Russell

·
Registered
324 Posts
Low oil quantity can also activate the light when the pressure drops due to
pump starvation. Watch your oil PSI next time you turn suddenly into this
driveway you describe. Check your oil level.

Does this happen with the tank full/half/empty? There is an antislosh module
behind the instument cluster secured in its circuit board. Its more for steading
the quantity indication but It might cause your problem.

Chris..................

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked at the oil pressure and it doesn't drop any. I always keep a check on the level as well. The tank is half full (or half empty depending on how you see it ;) ) to empty when it happens. I have had the same problem in corners that are pretty much a U-turn.

Russell

·
Registered
324 Posts
Have a look at the antislosh module I described. Bit of a job to get at but once
you pull the the module out check that contact blades are clean, or replace it.
Just my 2 cents.

Chris...............

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might look at the module, but I don't mind the light. I was just wondering if there would be possible damage to the engine. Thanks for the help though. :)

Russell

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Our tanks are baffled, I don't think the gas is your problem. Check the other fluid levels and their sensors.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GreenBird said:
Our tanks are baffled, I don't think the gas is your problem. Check the other fluid levels and their sensors.
I'll check the sensors. I keep the levels of the fluids checked.

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I had this problem with my 89... under hard accelleration, braking, cornering, or signifigant inclines my gas gauge was all over the place. THe check engine light only came on a couple times, but my gauges did some weird things. Never saw anything bad come of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts