TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see a fuel system section, so ill post it here.

I'm grading my fuel system a little to keep up with my NOS setup.

I bought a set of used 39lb cobra injectors. I noticed the plugs are different, so all I need is the ev1 to ev6 adapters to work on my 97 tbird harness?

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
Or resell them and buy some EV1 pinned injectors.

RwP

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I found a set of adapters for $15 shipped. Same guy I got the injectors from.

·
Registered
623 Posts

I bought a set of used 39lb cobra injectors. I noticed the plugs are different, so all I need is the ev1 to ev6 adapters to work on my 97 tbird harness?
Yes.

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts
Just keep in mind that the spray pattern on the 39lb injectors from the Terminator engines isn't exactly optimal for a 2V.

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
Just keep in mind that the spray pattern on the 39lb injectors from the Terminator engines isn't exactly optimal for a 2V.
Is the difference that they have a wide spray pattern to match the 4v heads?

·
The Parts Guy
7,309 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts

Or resell them and buy some EV1 pinned injectors.

RwP
Or resell them and buy my 42 lb injectors. They'll be for sale shortly. ;)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
And buy my pump, or buy a new 405 LPh 145 to your door never have to worry about fuel again, the 39 do fine in a 2v ran them for years on a stock explorer motor in the 11s

Robert

·
Registered
652 Posts
Im getting that pump Robert, just waiting on the insurance check before i start buying parts like crazy....

I saw the injectors on corral.net and had to get them....$120 shipped + $15 shipped for the adapters.....

Or resell them and buy my 42 lb injectors. They'll be for sale shortly. ;)
Oh god.....i thought you were done for awhile?? You got some money burning a hole in your pocket?? You can always donate some cash to "Run faster Trunk Monkey" fund.....:D:D

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
LOL :tongue:

Well, I"m selling my old PI heads with the Manley springs to Ian (Black Cat). So, that money is going straight to Robert for a fuel pump and related E85 parts and labor.

I thought I was done for a while too until Rob starts telling me about this great deal on an E85 setup and the gains that can be had from it.

He's telling me that 11.3 runs are within the realm of possiblity with it and it's much much more power friendly to the engine when running in the heat of summer.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts

Well, I"m selling my old PI heads with the Manley springs to Ian (Black Cat). So, that money is going straight to Robert for a fuel pump and related E85 parts and labor.

I thought I was done for a while too until Rob starts telling me about this great deal on an E85 setup and the gains that can be had from it.

He's telling me that 11.3 runs are within the realm of possibliity with it and it's much much more power friendly to the engine when running in the heat of summer.

Same here TM as you know ;) The alcohol smell has gotten to us :D lol

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

He's telling me that 11.3 runs are within the realm of possibliity with it and it's much much more power friendly to the engine when running in the heat of summer.
Well, you run E85, you will be on a completey different level than me.... Ill still work on that 11.6s time....:cool:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
U are only a 405 away from e85 your self, u guys just don't realize the benefits, I just tuned mikes last night and I learned that I should have put much more timing in it

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Well, you run E85, you will be on a completey different level than me.... Ill still work on that 11.6s time....:cool:
LOL ... That's what I think about people who run Nitrous.

Nitrous puts people on a whole 'nother level. I'm just trying to even the playing field some. ;)

U are only a 405 away from e85 your self, u guys just don't realize the benefits, I just tuned mikes last night and I learned that I should have put much more timing in it
Are you talking about putting more timing into your own car and every E85 car you tune as a result of what you leared from tuning Mikes?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
No adding more timing to mikes lol

·
Registered
623 Posts
LOL ... That's what I think about people who run Nitrous.

Nitrous puts people on a whole 'nother level. I'm just trying to even the playing field some. ;)
But you have a blower for a power adder.:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts