TCCoA Forums banner

full interior fitment?

763 Views 16 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  speed95
has anyone transported a full interior, minus the dash, into an mn12? the trunk will be full, so there will be only cabin room. can the seat halves separate?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
You could do it if,

you removed the existing rear seat bench and backrest, and had no passengers.

will the rear seats fit in the trunk?
I am not 100% sure, but I had one front in the back and I know that the back fit in the trunk.. I can't recall if there was enough room for the other front..

( I bet Homer Simpson could fit it Tetris style)
I purchased an interior (two front seats, rear seat and bench) from Jack K.

Used my trailer to tow them home, but realized that they would all have fit in the car (cabin only - not trunk) if I had taken out my rear seat(s) and left the GF home.
yeah, ill have a passenger. i wonder if the rear seats will be too tall if i put them right behind the front seats, resting up against the back part of the rear seat at an angle. follow?
I follow, but I don't think that will work. Not enough room, as I recall measuring.

Without a front seat passenger, you can recline the seat all the way back, and lay another one on top of it - reclined also. You can then lay another one across the area where the back seat bench is, also reclined.

With the rear seats still in the car, and trying to stuff two front seats back there, you will either damage the headliner, or the back of your front seats, or get some grease from the seat tracks on your back seats.
it works kinda

1 front seat in trunk with no spare tire in the well, 2nd upside down on pass seat and back seat wedge it in the back seat area. cant have a passenger.
A buddy and I went to get my seats. I took out the pass. seat, and rear seat. Then when we got there I bolted in the new pass. seat. put in the new rear seat, and put the drivers seat in the trunk. Have your passenger ride in the back on a blanket. :) It's pretty comfy, just don't get pulled over. lol
when i got my sc seats i dissasembled the fronts before i left the yard i got them from first...

-i put the tracks in the trunk
-i put the two bottoms on the back seat
-then i put the tops on my passenger seat
-i managed to fit the whole back seat into my back seat area with the bottoms

...if i didnt have anything else in the trunk i probably would have been able to get the bottoms and tops in too with the tracks, but i didnt plan on coming home with seats that day:D
VicRattlehead said:
it works kinda

1 front seat in trunk with no spare tire in the well, 2nd upside down on pass seat and back seat wedge it in the back seat area. cant have a passenger.

..............Big Mike said that his trunk would be full.................

Rolling-Thunder said:
..............Big Mike said that his trunk would be full.................

turns out that may not be the case. i gotta get a block back there, but im gonna haul it to a scrapyard first, then come back and load up the interior.
jesusraybrown said:
A buddy and I went to get my seats. I took out the pass. seat, and rear seat. Then when we got there I bolted in the new pass. seat. put in the new rear seat, and put the drivers seat in the trunk. Have your passenger ride in the back on a blanket. :) It's pretty comfy, just don't get pulled over. lol

Mike this sounds like a good idea.
im pretty sure milowe said he just wants the covers, not the padding. weird...
well he wants the covers and padding not the tracks or motors. Its not weird....its Milowe
fair nuff. you off work today?
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.