TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm stuck in LI with an empty tank. I usually make it to my "home" Sunoco station that has discounts on tuesdays and wednesdays. The local Sunoco doesn't offer self service.
I pull up and the guy comes out. I give him my credit card and tell him "94 please". All this while standing right next to him. He puts the card away, picks up the pump and is reaching for the 87 button while saying "regular, right?"
I go, "No, 94!!!" Ok, he takes the gas cap off and tosses it onto the trunk lid :mad: I grab it and go "don't do that" By now I'm mad, and am thinking of what else could this guy possibly **** up for me today...and there you have it, he drips all over the paint when he removes the nozzle. BTW, this wasn't the "full service" side, it was the "mini" service side. That's what the label said. I had no clue what it means, but now I do. It means, hold your own gas cap and wipe the gasoline off the paint yourself after you have been served. Anyone want to guess what the guy's tip was?

How can you NJ guys deal with this "full service" BS all the time???

Jim

·
Registered
277 Posts
i couldn't STAND the full service pumps in Jersey. i just don't like people doing ANYTHING to my car, especially those crazy Jersey station attendants :\

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yeah, I drove through NJ and stopped for gas. Since its all full service a guy came out and I got gas. I had it filled and paid. I even tipped him a buck. He didnt even close the gas door. I will never tip those guys again. They have no appriciation for others cars.

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
You guys actually tipped the attendants? Screw that. And I live in Jersey. They're getting paid. They're not waitresses that make $2 an hour and rely on tips.. They get salary. I've NEVER tipped an attendant unless he does something extra, like the occasional window clean, and only if they do a good job.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
When I lived in Jersey I always went to the Wawa gas stations for gas.It always seemed the cheapest and the attendants were always pretty good.I never had problems with them and they always cleaned the windows.never tipped though they do get salary.Always treated my car with respect.Only problem ever had was the occasional slow poke who took there sweet time getting over to me.But if they took to long I just did it myself and then they'd get mad.Lol.And I liked the full serve,I'm not lazy but it saves time I can get what I needed from the store and gas was pumping for me.I liked it.Sorry bout your bad luck though. Jim

·
Registered
277 Posts
i never did tip attendents in Jersey ... my ex told me they weren't allowed by law to accept 'em, so i just never did. most of 'em sucked anyway :\

·
Registered
277 Posts
sorry, forgot to mention that yes, CableguyJJS3, the Wawa attendents seemed to be the best of the bunch.

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
That SUCKS for you, I woulda kicked him in the nuts and drove off, but oh well, in Oregon, just south, it is all full service, dunno why, they think we can't be trusted to flip a handle pull a lever I guess.

·
Registered
861 Posts
lol, i thought full service stuff was just like in the movies, like when some old lady drives up to get gas. and you guys have 94 octane!?

·
Registered
137 Posts
uh just curious how much does 94 octain gas cost a gallon where u all live
and 91 if u no i pay 174 for 91 in my town no full service at all :)
just curious

·
Registered
391 Posts
What the **** is 94 octane?

Holy cow! Highest here in ND is 91 octane and it is $1.79 now. Then there is 89 with 10% ethanol and plain 87 for $1.69. Funny how it was only $1.48 last week. :leftright

Darn wars always make those greedy ******** raise gas prices. :mad:

We have full service at a couple of stations, for $0.25 extra at one of them. Back in my home town they always come out for those people they know don't want to get out of the car.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
my area has a couple. one time I was low on gas and pulled into one. I just told the guy out not to bother. Funny thing is, that place is cheaper than most :2huh: too bad it's 30 miles from nowhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I work for a Sunoco here in Falls Church, VA. We were rated one of the top gas stations in the DC/Metro Area in the Washington Checkbook. Our 94 is $1.81. We don't have full service but we do try to wash windows when we can and pump elderly and handicap customers. So come down a see us, ask for Chris, I won't mess up your car. Family owned for 30 years!!!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I quote George Carlin: "You can't back outta your DRIVEWAY in New Jersey without some dumb schmuck in a hat wants 50 cents!"

enough said i think lol

Tom

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow, I've never in my life even seen a gas station with pump attendants. Where I'm from its all self serve, and you're lucky if you find a station with 92 octane. Right now 87 octane is $1.78 a gallon.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts