TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new Burple Foci ST(3) to help deal with the commute I now have since we moved into our new house. She has a Yaris and I just can't... so this will suffice I guess.

Fun ride, tight as hell and packs a bit of a punch when the turbo spools up. Wanted it in silver but got a good deal on this one so I went for the blue.

Told the dealer I'd take two... one for each foot!

-Scott

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That is a nice driver for sure! Love the color!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Superman Blue! My favorite color :D.

I had no idea that the ST was already available here in the states. What are the numbers and it's MPG?

Enjoy your new ride :).

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
If I were to buy a new commuter, that would be my choice too. Those are cool looking cars.

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
I have to confess as well, if I had to buy a new commuter I'd get one.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Nice pick! Be sure to check out ecoboostownerforums.com...lots of good info and people over there that cover all Ecoboost models.

Livernois and Unleashed tuning have both been seeing big gains out of mods. I believe the Unleashed car was putting down over 330whp last I seen.

·
Super Moderator
10,407 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Those are cool, although my sis has one, lol. :)

She hated me passing her in my Cougar on the way to work, lol. :rolleyes:

Nice Place, Dude! That's a really nice location!

Hey, I like this guy's Fiesta...

5:
http://youtu.be/LuDN2bCIyus
4:
http://youtu.be/zGBNHukCf7s
3:
http://youtu.be/lPeIzimsg60

:)
a local dealer that my mom and I will ONLY buy from has three ST's in stock, one with each trim level. With my x plan, an ST3 is about 25k, value on my F150 is about 18-19k....its sooo tempting! But, the massive cabin in my truck is so comfortable and you cant drop a dozen bags of eucalyptus mulch in the back of the car!

·
Super Moderator
10,407 Posts
My friends were amazed that I can put 10' pieces of copper in my Cougar, lol.

Fold downs rule, lol.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
a local dealer that my mom and I will ONLY buy from has three ST's in stock, one with each trim level. With my x plan, an ST3 is about 25k, value on my F150 is about 18-19k....its sooo tempting! But, the massive cabin in my truck is so comfortable and you cant drop a dozen bags of eucalyptus mulch in the back of the car!
We get Xplan here at UPS so I used that plus I had the $500 cash back coupon you get when you submit a request for a brochure from ford on a fusion or Mustang. For some reason the brochure for the ST does not come with the coupon.

Here is a good spreadsheet on X=plan pricing with options.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao8sq0pvvJPVdG5QT0todzdKQ1J1ZXNOaWF5eXBYN1E#gid=0

I would tell them your OTD price and stick to it; I paid 28K OTD (ST3 W/O moon roof, 7yr/1000mile extended warrty plus a tint job). The 2014's are getting built soon so any 13's they have on the lot need to go.

I loaded 5 bags of mini-pine bark nuggets the 2nd day I had the car. :tongue:

I have access to this behemoth whenever I need it so I'm covered as far as trucks go... I used it to move our stuff (our=just got engaged!)

I had them add a free tint job to sweeten the deal. Yesterday, I went back to the dealer to get the windows tinted. They gave me a new Edge to drive around while Phokey was getting some lub... I went a little further south to Summit's retail store to get some man cave toys!

Post tint.

They had this car in the showroom...

The only issue I have found with the ST is the rear motor mount needs to be replaced with either the electric version of the Focus or an aftermarket unit. A hard 1-2 will bring forth a clunk like no other as well as some wheel hop and upgrading the RMM will take care of that issue. The e-Focus mount is the cheap way out but I will most likely go with the one Cobb offers and deal with the added vibrations that go along with that unit. I'm pretty sure Ford will issue a TSB on the mount issue soon enough since it's a known issue.

Anybody want to buy a "slightly" modified Cougar?
:cool:

Avg MPG= 26
Best= 30ish

HP = 252 at the wrong wheels.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
That clunk I've noticed driving many manuals thru the years especially the focus

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Nice car.
Q: Before buying the ford though, did you cross shop the WRX wagon? From what I can see, Subaru also offers a turbo 4cyl wagon for similar money so I'm a bit curious.

If so, what were your thoughts on comparative build quality and/or features?
-g

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry, the stats were for the ST not the Cat.

...it would be more like what has not been done to the Cougar!

Mod #1 Acme dial-a-maf!

As for the WRX... they handle like krap (as compared to the ST) and while the STI (not the WRX) may be a bit more powerful, the money still goes to Japan. I think at this point in the game we need to focus (pun intended) on re-building this country so I choose to by stuff that helps US not them.

Screw the WRX, lets mess with an M3...

ST vs the M3

-Scott

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
That video in your link was filmed here in Southern California's Glendora Mountain Road or GMR. GMR is notorious for accidents as well as it's a very difficult road to drive, especially for newbies.

Regardless though, I'm happy to know that Ford filmed that here in my local mountains! :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have always wanted a yellow 3-door since the new gen Foci came out. Four-door looks nice, too.

However, my requirement for a DD is that it has to bounce off/over a deer. :)

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
I have always wanted a yellow 3-door since the new gen Foci came out. Four-door looks nice, too.

However, my requirement for a DD is that it has to bounce off/over a deer. :)

the Fiesta ST comes out in august! 1.6L ecoboost and optional recaros :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts