TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here guys. I'm sure some of you will just love this one. I'm not done playing yet, but just had to come over and see how far you got before you gave up.

http://home.cwru.edu/~jnt5/Planarity/

·
Premium Member
3,645 Posts
Cool. Stopped on lvl 8 for now. Score 11365. I'll pick it up again another day when I have more time to kill.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I just finished level 8, gotta take a break cause they're getting a little difficult, running outta retail space on the board lol. Score is up to 11,249

·
Registered
583 Posts
I got up to level15 before I went to bed last night.. left it at 15's complete screen and picked it up again this afternoon.. but the wonderful thing flash is.. hit the space bar when it was in in of it's pauses and it canceled my game.. on 14 now since I started over, 812960. The more complex it gets, the longer it'll pause as it checks for intersections when you get near the end. Mine pops up if I want to stop the script since it's 'taking too long'. Just dont click the wrong button *cough* :p

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Sophosis said:
I got up to level15 before I went to bed last night.. left it at 15's complete screen and picked it up again this afternoon.. but the wonderful thing flash is.. hit the space bar when it was in in of it's pauses and it canceled my game.. on 14 now since I started over, 812960. The more complex it gets, the longer it'll pause as it checks for intersections when you get near the end. Mine pops up if I want to stop the script since it's 'taking too long'. Just dont click the wrong button *cough* :p
:rofl: k good mine gets laggy too, like all the damn time. I'm only just finished level 10 though. I'm up to 97,151 pts, but I think I gotta quit soon cause my pile... I mean computer... is having a hard time keeping up

·
Registered
208 Posts
and i cant even get past level 4

·
Registered
583 Posts
jwcalla said:
I think after level 3 I was just like, "What's the point?"
lol, that's exactly what someon in my irc chan said.. but they went a bit farther.. I just like to see how hard it gets and how quickly I can do they harder levels. Level16 is checking now.. it's complained 7 times about the script running slowly and is still checking. 15 took me 30mins to do.

Ah, it just finished checking.. 16 took 27:56 ... and now I take a break from it. heh

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I got to Level 8 and gave up. So much for having a degree in mathematics. Thanks Sir Will for making me feel RETARDED!

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After level 4 or 5, you start to get a feel for it. But I quit when I saw level 10. Too many damned dots for me.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
He hasn't put in a save feature yet. Poor SW, he couldn't handle 10, lol. It WAS a pain though, I don't dare imagine what it's like after that

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Sir William said:
Here guys. I'm sure some of you will just love this one.
I want you to know I am currently deciding on a suitable punishment for posting this. How could you Bill?
I am looking to recover reasonable compensation for lost time (not only mine but that of Mrs. T. also) :xpp:

level 11 is waiting.................

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can't save.. but you can just leave the window open once you finish a level... walk away before you actually click to start the next level. Mine's been sitting on the level18 complete screen for about 24hrs now.. lvl18 has been my longest time so far at 39min on a single level

here's a taste of what to look forward to at lvl17 for those who haven't got that far yet. http://sfanime.dyndns.org/lvl17.jpg

and my solution of that puzzle arrangement http://sfanime.dyndns.org/lvl17s.jpg

Oh, a tip on the lag.. if your method is where you get big bunches of non-intersecting vertices.. pick a spot about halfway on the outside edge of that bunch and pull one vertice out so it's obviously (for your eyes) intersecting. I don't like the way it's written to check for intersections as it seems to move only in one direction (clockwise/right) .. so if you're working at the far-most counterclockwise spot of a cleared area.. it checks for intersections in all the area you've done until it finds one... creating an intersection drops the check time that you know is clear. Fix it when you're almost clear or are clear. That should help make the lag some.. it gets really bad at the higher levels. I had to wait almost 5 minutes for it to check lvl18.

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Too bad that's just one possible solution, and it doesn't tell you what dots go where ;) Plus I think the levels are generated randomly, but based on the same rules of x dots per level etc

·
Registered
583 Posts
Falcon5783 said:
Too bad that's just one possible solution, and it doesn't tell you what dots go where Plus I think the levels are generated randomly, but based on the same rules of x dots per level etc
Yeah.. that's why I said my solution on that puzzle instead of the solution on the puzzle.. heh. Seems the randomness falls through the cracks at times as sometimes I've seen it generate purty curves (think back in school when you'd take a piece of graph paper and draw lines from (0,c) to (c,0) and look at the purty curve it made)

Vertice like the top of a triangle, point of converging lines. This game has become too time consuming.. haven't touched it in 2 days and lvl19 still awaits me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts