TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New Title Pending
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I've been here! I sold my 93 Mark VIII a while ago and just picked up a 97 Mark VIII. I loved the 93, but the main reason I sold it and switched was to get an OBD2 car so I could finally play with a DashDAQ I've had sitting on my desk for 9 months. It also helped that I found the 97 LSC with 41K miles for just a little more than I sold my 93 with 131K miles for!!!!

I plugged in my DashDAQ and got 157 signals. I'm still sorting thru the ones I want to display and log, but transmission temperature, IMRC status, spark, coolant temp, and torque converter slip are on the screen for these pics.

When I have a little more time, I'm going to install a phidgets 8/8/8 board and add more sensors. I'll add a 3-axis accelerometer and distance sensor to help me park in the garage. I also have several different Wideband O2 kits in the office, so I'll have to install one of them!

This particular version has the GPS navigation add-on pack. We haven't released this to the public yet, but the testing is going very well. It's also handy to log the GPS data and play with it in google maps.

Too much fun!

Brian

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
so you sell these? i see these are selling for 700 online..

looks neat!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Drool!! :bowdown:

So what would it take to replace the factory information center with that display while keeping the functionality of the factory setup... :zwall:

·
New Title Pending
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been thinking about how I would replace my info center with the DashDAQ. It's actually the right size, but I haven't looked into the pin diagrams yet to figure out how I could retain button use. The main concern would be things that are turned on/off by the console buttons like traction control, power seat memory, etc. If I have time to figure that out, I could replace the info center with this and would have built in navigation, etc. Until then, it fits pretty nicely in the bottom left corner.

I do work on the DashDAQ team, but I didn't come here to sell them... just to show off my toys :)

Brian

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was thinking the same thing when I saw it. It would make an awesome replacement for the archaic message center. Does it use a touchscreen or are the controls somewhere else?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I sold my 93 Mark VIII a while ago and just picked up a 97 Mark VIII.

Brian
Longtime no see Brian!

Funny, you sold your 93 and got a 97.
My 95 got stolen and I got a 98!
welcome to the obd2 world!
haha

tuning my 95 without datalogging was like doing a "paint by numbers" in a completely dark room. I started out painting a castle and wound up with a cactus!

BTW: your new toy is very cool.

·
Registered
704 Posts
(kid to parent voice)

I WANDAT!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts