TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lady who sold me my Thunderbird bought a used Jaguar for the winter and a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible for the summer. Well Wednesday the Eclipse would not start so she called AAA and requested a flatbed to haul the car to be repaired. A driver with a tow truck shows up and tells her that she needs a flatbed and she tells him that she knows that and she specifically requested one. He says he will have one sent over but in the mean time he will push the Eclipse out of the garage to help the next driver, well he pushed it to far and it was half in the road and he could not push it back into the driveway. Here is his solution.....he rigs up a come along around the pole in the center of the garage and ties the other end to her car, all of the sudden while he is winching the pole gets ripped out of the floor which it was lagged to and the ceiling which it was screwed into, the pole goes flying out of the garage and almost hits her Eclipse :eek:. Well that was #1 attempt, she goes inside to make a call, comes out and here he is with attempt #2, this time he wraps the come along cable around the little piece of house that separates both garage bays which is 1 2x4 the house sheathing and the siding which is cedar, she sees this and tells him to stop what he is doing, take the come along off of the house and leave. I told my wife who works with her to tell her to call the dealership the tow truck was dispatched from as well as AAA and file a complaint for the damages to her house and to let them know that they have an idiot working for them, she says no because she does not want to get him fired and she will claim it on her homeowners, my wife told her that it was not her problem and instead of having her insurance go up to call the dealership which she did and today the owner of the dealership who is extremely pi$$ed off at his driver will be coming out to look at the damages to pay for it. I wonder if that guy has any common sense at all.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
paragraphs are your friend ;)

and thats just dumb. he NEEDS to be fired

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
ummm.... wow.

where was this, so i never use that tow company?

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
and that is a good reason not to use aaa. honestly if that happened to me i would tell them your paying for damages and im canceling my insurance with your incompitent company.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I have towing / roadside with my car insurance, it is, like, $2 a month. Only used it once, but I just have to think that my car insurance company doesn't want my car getting damaged more than AAA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts