TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently bought a 1996 3.8l Ford Mustang with 50k miles and I ran through a puddle and flooded my engine I think. Car ended up breaking down on me right after I hit the puddle so I cleaned out the ccrm and it started and ran good again. 2 weeks later it dies on me on the road and doesn’t want to start. Kept popping my fuses whenever I tried to crank. Replaced the ccrm and now it starts but only runs for about 5-10 min. I think I have a short somewhere I just don’t know where. I’m new to cars and electrical problems definitely aren’t the best. I’ve been talking to a Ford mechanic and he had me test the short to ground on my ignition coil and believes the short isn’t in my engine harness but somewhere between my #18 fuse and this rectangular box that all my wiring goes to. I need help and would greatly appreciate any input and advice!

My #18 fuse is the only fuse that keeps wanting to blow. The owners manual says it controls my eec power relay coil, general warning lights, fuel pump and ignition coil.

All of my other fuses are intact and are good including my eec and fuel pump fuses. I’m assuming that means I have a short? I tested the short to ground on my ignition coil with a positive ground first, ohms read 14-15, then tested with a negative ground and no reading at all. The mechanic said that means the short is not in my engine harness so that makes me happy. He believes the short is somewhere between my #18 fuse and my wiring box that connects to everything. He’s having my look on the passenger side and disconnect this black box w 6 wires going through each side. I can’t seem to disconnect it

1 - 1 of 1 Posts