TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size fuses should be used for diff. wattages on the amps??? i have a 400watt amp pushing my 6by9's & i keep blowing fuses.... it was professionally installed so it was done right but i dont kno y it blowing fuses.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
What does "professionally installed" mean? I know that most installation/sales brick and morter companies do their installation...and most warranty them. I would take it back to those that performed the install first, before you try fixing it yourself.

Now if you said Best Buy or Circuit City, the installation practice might have a few shortcuts that are causing your problem. Big retailers like that do shortcut installs to free up stalls for more cars. It is a fast paced world of audio there. Not really a good thing.

what fuses are blowing and where are they blowing? The ones in the amp can be replaced and the amount is usually on the company's website. The fuseblock or inline fuse holder, just replace the size that is in it...but I would contact the installation team that did the install first. Let them diagnose and fix the problem. Just my.02

·
Registered
107 Posts
OnYrMrk said:
but I would contact the installation team that did the install first. Let them diagnose and fix the problem. Just my.02
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
If your any good at wiring check your ground's and power cables at any contact points( such as battery/amp for power and ground location and amp for ground, my best guess would be they are lose hitting something metal they shouldnt be.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my boy did the install... he works at cartoy's here in jersey... it was his day off... i checked all cables & wires & they are grounded & aint touching... been blowing 15 & 20 amp fuses but 2day b4 work i put in 3 new 30 amp fuses & they all started to spark as i was putting them in... in the fuse block up at the battery... so i jus left it alone & whenever i getahold of my boy he'll fix it... i've heard of jus removing the fuse thing.... will my amp work without it?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
if your just remove the fuse? no it will not work because the circuit will be broken leaving no connection between the battery and the amp. If you mean take the fuse holder out completely and go straight from the battery to the amp with no inline fuse I would STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST this because what ever is causing your problem will ethier fry your amp or start a nice litte fire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts