TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to cheeck your rear wheel bearings if you car has 100k miles or you have a vibration you can not eliminate. I was changing my drag radials back to street tires and notice that my passanger side rear wheel move horizonily when I was torquing the wheel. I went ahead and pushed in at the top and pulled out at the bottom with the wheel off the ground and wiggled back and forth and noticed movement where there should not have been any. I checked my driverside and it checked ok. I replaced the wheel bearing and found it was totaly shot on the passangerside rear. If I had not it could have caused catrostropic failure. It was causing the vibrtion that I could not get rid of. It is much smoother now. I will replace my driverside next week since it has 100k on it also.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had one fail too. Only 60k mikes. i was gettign my lowering springs and the gywas like feel this. WOAH! so we had to fit to get the new bearing in it was a bear to press it out scared trhe aluminum would break anyways we got it replaced and I have two rear lowering springs waiting for the front to gto on now. Good thing you caught it. I would never know on mine unless the whole thing was shot.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
How much did that run you for parts?

I will probably have to do both of mine soon enough. Is it fairly hard to do? Time consuming? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts