TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Confirmed through Bilsteins West Coast office:

BOTH the fronts and the rears are no longer in production. The fronts are out of stock for as far as Bilstein can see...the guy I talked to said they've done some looking around and can not find any old stock anywhere.
The rears they have in stock and from the sounds of it some distributors are sending old stock back or are not taking new stock of the rears because of not having the fronts available.

The reasoning:
The supplier that they used for the lower mount no longer supplies that part. Bilstein, because of the low demand for this product, discontinued the shock all together instead of finding a new supplier for the lower mount.

So yeah, that means no more Bilstien for the MN12 :(

The only hope we have, is that the shocks are rebuildable. Price on that is $65 plus the price of parts.

-Justin W

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
All I have to say is I am glad that I got mine when I did. The '03/4 cobra rear shocks would work on the back, but of course there isn't one for the front. Oh well. I guess Koni's will be the choice (well stock anyway) if you want a good shock.

Russell

·
Registered
970 Posts
JustinH said:
oh F.

I was just going to order a set of them actually this week.

JH
Yeah, I've been holding off for a while here trying to come up with a little extra cash so that I could get the revalved in the process....

Guess I might be stuck with Tokicos unless I decide to go Koni.... or unless I can come across a set of used ones.
Just for the heck of it, I sent an e-mail off to one of Bilstein's distributors to see if they had any in stock by chance (I got my fingers crossed real hard)

-jw

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
That makes me glad I could actually save up and buy them when I did this past summer. They are great shocks.:) That really stinks that they're not going to produce them any more.:(

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I wonder what new ones, (never mounted), will start going for on eBay? Mine still aren't mounted...but I'm not really planning on selling them...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I too heard this over on SCCoA as some were trying to get a GP going and quickly set out to order some from SHOX.com, which informed me that they were now out. So inquired about the Koni's, have the fronts in stock, rears are out of stock and will not be made/shipped from Koni again until this April, so if you want a set now, better be searching other suppliers for a set.

·
Registered
329 Posts
why dont SCCoa & TCCOA & COOLcats.net supercoupeperfromance.com and mn12performance.com BT motorsports and TBU try for a massive group buy direct to biltein and try to get last batch made. even if they dont inlcude a shock mount between al we may get a last batch.

mn12p , SCper and BT can benefit by stocking a number of shocks , and selling them later , as an investment.

·
Administrator
8,117 Posts
Maybe Sir William and Mark could talk to a few people. I just put a set on the Explorer and they're great!

Joe

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
this BITES, and I need a FRONT set as I have the rears already....... anything bad about mixing and matching shocks front to rear?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
fatal excepti0n said:
I just got Bilsteins and they come with a lifetime warranty, so what happens if my fronts go bad :confused:
That's kinda what I was wondering too.....:2huh:

although, they are pretty high quality, and the likely hood of them going bad probably isn't too terribly high...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Have a contact @ bimmerparts.com that is willing to create the part that Monroe was making for Bilstein, but first he needs a good used and or new front shock to do this. He needs the shock for up to 2 weeks. Once he has the part he is going to send it to Bilstein and Bilstein has agreed to create the front shocks.

If you have front shocks and have a problem with them Bilstein will rebuild them for you, but can not create new ones. They do have rebuild kits available.

If someone has a shock available please let me know.

Thanks,

Todd

1 - 20 of 30 Posts