TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited, finally got a job at NAPA Auto Parts as a delivery driver. It's a good job that finally pertains to some of the education I have received in college. I start Wednesday :) Now I can finally get a jump on my financial status, and give the Cougar lots of attention!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I was a parts driver back in the day. I loved it then. Beats fast food crap and theres room to up to the counter. Congrats

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I started out as a driver/warehouse guy...I just moved up to the counter, it's a good gig if you keep at it, lots of fun, you learn a bunch, meet a ton of people, congrats!

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
What a great job! I love driving, cars & car parts, fast food - that's my dream job! Well, right behind DJ which is what I do - Music, Free Beer, Girls, then I get paid at the end of the night! Whoop Whoop!

Sorry, congrats on the new job!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was a parts driver back in the day. I loved it then. Beats fast food crap and theres room to up to the counter. Congrats
Yeah I've never resorted to working in the food industry, and never will. I have witnessed the horrors of that line of work. I do get a 20% discount I do believe as an employee. I'm working part time only as I'm in college taking 15 credit hours. Welcome to Homeland Security degrees. ;) Anyways I think this is going to have a great opportunity for advancement, and keep money in my pocket till I graduate and join the USAF...hopefully as an Officer! :D

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Nice that will help with preserving your Cougar's future. Good luck with your new job and school. Air Power! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Good luck with your new job, and most of all CONGRATS! My biggest advice, sound happy on the phone, pretend to care (especially If you don't), be as helpful as you can, and if it's a phone call always inform how long it will take to get a part if it is not in stock, as a commerical account shop employee I call parts houses at least 50-200 times a day for random parts and I assure you, the parts house staff has more to do with whether or not I'll buy from them or not since many places price match now.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations!

:thumbsup:

Is this your first "tax paying" job?

Rayo..
Thanks for the advice everyone, and no Rayo, I used to work at Mercedes-Benz as a Detailer, GameStop, and another Detailing shop, however all of those were short lived jobs that really weren't going anywhere. This is going to be my first real, practical job. ;) Off to bed, gotta be up early for training!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Congratulations man, I do parts deliveries as part of my job selling parts a Chevy dealer. I was kind of different because I started in parts on the counter (only did service before) and started doing deliveries when the counter gets slow. I actually enjoy doing the delivery driving because its relaxing and beats staring at my shoes behind the counter all day. In all honesty though, the counter is a good gig too. Congratulations and best of luck! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts