TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I finish my 3.8 to 5.0 swap I have a "few" connectors that are unknown to me..Care to help a little bit?

It's time for.. Guess that connector!

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
oh oh oh
1. 3.8 alternator harness, you need to use the one off a 5.0 car
2 & 3fog light or headlamp connectors
4 low coolant warning sensor connector and the small three pin unsure , its unused on my car, i think its to do with the warning system if its eqipped with a vmm
5 evr solinoid connector
6 egr position sensor
7 ac coil connector
8 wiper motor
9 evo solinoid connector

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
*gives you a prize* so how hard was it to do the 5.0 swap?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
It Was A Pia .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It Was A Pia .
Thanks jk89cat :)

It wasn't *that* bad. I happen to find a fresh 5.0 bird at the junkyard that had been hit in the ass. I stole the block and such and ripped it apart.

Did tear down to the bottom end, clean things up and started bolting stuff back on.

I'm a carb'd Chebby guy turned tbird lover so this was all new to me. It's been fun, just read a ton and do the best you can do.

Again I appreciate your help jk89cat.

1. 3.8 alternator harness, you need to use the one off a 5.0 car (I bought a 3g upgrade kit so I shouldn't need this..I think)
2 & 3fog light or headlamp connectors (Gotcha!)
4 low coolant warning sensor connector and the small three pin unsure , its unused on my car, i think its to do with the warning system if its eqipped with a vmm (OK, don't need, don't need)
5 evr solinoid connector (Uh..what's a EVR?)
6 egr position sensor(Sweet, screw EGR)
7 ac coil connector( Sweet, screw AC)
8 wiper motor (Damn, I'd better hook that up!)
9 evo solinoid connector (Again I saw..what the heck is a EVO?)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
if your not running egr youll need to have it tuned to turn it off .there is guy i came across over on www.ford-trucks .com heres the link where it sends you ,http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9 the evr is the egr vaccum regualtor , evo is electronic varible orfice steering , if that car was equiped it would of had an electroic soliniod on the side of the power steering pump . and as far as the swap , its not bad when you have a complete donor , as i didnt . oh the alternator harness. if your doing a 3g conversion, just make sure that the harness you have connects the regualtor corectly to the dash via the 3 pin connector on the lh apron. i couldnt figure out why mine wasnt charging at first. the 5.0 harness would be a direct plug in for a 3g. also dont forget to change your fuel pump. and eventually your 7.5 to a 8.8 and the half shafts as well justin

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your not running egr youll need to have it tuned to turn it off .there is guy i came across over on www.ford-trucks .com heres the link where it sends you ,http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=9 the evr is the egr vaccum regualtor , evo is electronic varible orfice steering , if that car was equiped it would of had an electroic soliniod on the side of the power steering pump . and as far as the swap , its not bad when you have a complete donor , as i didnt . oh the alternator harness. if your doing a 3g conversion, just make sure that the harness you have connects the regualtor corectly to the dash via the 3 pin connector on the lh apron. i couldnt figure out why mine wasnt charging at first. the 5.0 harness would be a direct plug in for a 3g. also dont forget to change your fuel pump. and eventually your 7.5 to a 8.8 and the half shafts as well justin
*Thumbs up*

I've already picked up a new fuel tank & 255 fuel pump. I'm hoping the lines will be sufficient.

In regards to the rear, I've picked up a complete rear end out of a SC. I haven't swapped it yet but I wanted the upgraded half shafts, the 8.8 and trac-loc without having to mess with it all. I need to rebuild it and then stick it on it!

After that, the dash and front end swap will be done.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
what nose and dash are you going to do ?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
do the nose now
you thank yourself later with the wiring

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.