TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to coat my garage floor. are there other options than epoxy? anyone familiar with any coatings? what does everyone else have? i just have concrete in my garage. Thanks

Seth

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I put cure and seal on my floor when I poured it. That is the best thing you can do for a garage floor. Oil will not soak in no matter what you get on it it will come off. As far as floor paints go I have seen many people have terrible results from them they just come off in time. The epoxy is supposed to be good.
Alan

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Go with the sealant. Like dirtydog says the paint is a waste of money, it will just start to peel off over time and look like ****.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
If you go with the Epoxy........you will need to etch your garage floor 4 times with acid etch. Once this is done you won't have the peeling issues that people have described.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
[email protected]=iii=<| said:
any pictures of the floor with sealant dirtydog?
It just looks like concrete maybe just a tad shiny the sealant isn't for looks it is for keeping it looking the same way. For the first year my concrete stayed kind of green. I did it while te floor was still wet tho the cure& seal prevents the concrete from setting so quickly I did not put a anything on my floor for 2 weeks after it was poured and I poured it 6 inches thick with 8 inches of seriously cryshed limestone underneath it. Overkill probably but it will be there in 100 years.
Alan

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Neighbor (who has since moved thankfully) painted his driveway light blue years ago. It's all peeling and most of it is missing. Looks so bad.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Al_Florida said:
Neighbor (who has since moved thankfully) painted his driveway light blue years ago. It's all peeling and most of it is missing. Looks so bad.
Why the hell would someone want a blue driveway? Crazy folks!

As for the garage flooring... go with U-Coat-it. It is a little expensive... but well worth it. I am saving up to do my garage. Go to www.ucoatit.com.

-Kornhaus

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
U-coat-it. Thats the stuff I've been trying to think of! I think thats the best deal. Looks good, and is low maintenence once its put down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts