TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I could have put this in the Exterior section but what the heck. Well I have an issue where the gas filler door keeps opening. You close it and it latches, but after you drive it, it decides to open itself. Since the switch is in the glove box to release it, I cant be pressing the button on accident. It used to do this once in a great while but now it is everyday. Is there any adjustment to be made to the cable itself or could the switch be going bad??
Thanks

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
I had that problem on my 94 a while back. I just simply bent the metal clip that latches the fuel door slightly by hand to get it to latch onto the small plastic catch better. I haven't had a problem since.

-Rod

·
Registered
394 Posts
Adjusting the little metal clip will fix the problem. I installed the auto gas door open on my 89, and when I went to use it, I had to make a couple of adjustments to the metal piece, and it has worked like a charm ever sense.

·
Registered
811 Posts
:zwthstpd: 's I had to do mine when my ol lady recked it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Don't bend too far, or it won't open from the inside switch, and you'll have to use the release in the trunk. Can't remember how I figured that one out :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts