TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gas door is always popped open... i push it shut & it pops open wile driving down road...i see many birds on the road with the same problem... gas doors always open... is this a common problem & how can i fix it... its so annoying to come out of the wawa every morning & see the door open when not 5mins ago i pushed it back in.........

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
maybe bend the clip that holds it in...

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Not something I've ever noticed on MN12's I see. Adjust the clip. Maybe someone forced the door open to siphon gas before?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i get told that mine is open sometimes... but i think when i do it is because i dont shut the door firmly. otherwise it just stays put.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
kitty has a manual door, no issue there. i think with the newer cars 94+ its becasue of the way the console lid sits, i think if you lean on them hard enough it will trigger the gas door

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Hmmm if that's true I must not lean on mine the right way then? I'll have to look at it and see if it seems possible. The only times i've found my fuel door open are a handful of times when I did indeed leave the flap open after filling up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bent the clip a lil bit & now the door wont open when i push button inside car... i had th get out & pull lever in trunk ot open it then bend it bak.....still pops open... saw 6 birds since 12 with door open......

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Maybe it's those NJ gas station attendants leaving the door open after they fill people up??? New Jersey still doesn't let you pump your own gas do they?

I don't know what the deal is but the local MN12's I see don't seem to have a problem. Their doors are always closed unless someone's filling it up with gas...

·
Registered
519 Posts
i never see that problem either. someone probally popped ur fuel door from the outside in the past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts