TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was reading this thread:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30952&highlight=Fuel+gauge+problem

But, I also installed Scott's custom gauges into my car. The weird thing was the gas gauge was working fine for a bit, then winter came, and it stopped on 1/2 way a lot, now it works sometimes, but most of the time it just doesn't.

And I really don't think replacing the guages or checking under the tank for the smell of gas will be required..

I strongly believe that it's the gauge being stuck, but how do I make it ... Unstuck? Just pull it up a little?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
reposting to keep alive :D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If your gauge has gotten stuck due to the gauge faces, it's probably just a little bit of friction caused by the face pressing up against the needle. You could try simply getting to the cluster and checking to see if the gauge face has warped or bubbled. If so, you will probably just have to glue it down better. I made my own set of gauges, and that was a problem for me until I used a good spray adhesive.

Also, it is possible that the needle is pressed on its pin, but not tightly enough to make it turn. Just another thing to check.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I shall check it out :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts