TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody had any trouble with their gas tank leaking around the fuel pump i changed the ring two or three times i tried sealing it with seal all but it still leaks i dont know if it is common in thunderbirds or if it is just mine but i would like to know a solution to fix it.

thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
has anybody had any trouble with their gas tank leaking around the fuel pump i changed the ring two or three times i tried sealing it with seal all but it still leaks i dont know if it is common in thunderbirds or if it is just mine but i would like to know a solution to fix it.

thanks
Mine leaks but only when completly full. I'm going to change the whole fuel pump and float assembly. I have the part but I'm trying to burn the gas off to at least 2-3 gallons before I do the deed.

I've dropped the tank before and replaced the return hose as it was dirty/greasy looking but that wasn't the problem. I'm hoping replacing the whole assembly will do the trick as it needs a new float anyway. It sticks when full and drops only when it gets down to a quarter tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the lines neither one is broke but you can see where the gas is escaping around the fuel pump and running down the tank.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have this same problem with my thunderbird as what 19tbird said and mine also does this when full so i just fill it to 3/4

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine is fixed. I replaced the whole pump/sending unit with a new seal and all is well. Let me tell you that the ethanol in the fuel is doing nobody any favors. It's amazing that the pump still worked. Very corroded and the seal was like swiss cheese. The plastic parts are very brittle on the old assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts