TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone near Sissonville, West Va.?

This is I-77 from the air around 1 PM today. :eek:

If you plan on driving I-77 around there for the next few days fugetaboutit!

http://wvgazette.com/News/201212110065

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Wow! Thats not good. Hope no one was hurt in it.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Why do all the really hugh explosions, fires, acts of mayhem happen in B. F. E.?

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Why do all the really huge explosions, fires, acts of mayhem happen in B. F. E.?
My guess is two fold.

1. They don't get inspected, serviced or repaired as often as the lines near larger metro. areas.

2. The lines are run through B.F.E. for this very reason. If something goes wrong you don't want the line to be in the middle of a metro area.

Although there was one that exploded in San Bruno, California that exploded as recently as September 2010 that destroyed 35 homes and killed eight people. PG&E of the Erin Brocovich case (1993) - remember the movie? was once again to blame.

It's interesting to note that during the investigation into in the San Bruno explosion the following was discovered:

"On January 13, 2012, an independent audit from the State of California issued a report stating that PG&E had illegally diverted over $100 million from a fund used for safety operations, and instead used it for executive compensation and bonuses."

Corporate greed once again rears its ugly head and people die as a result... :facepalm:

More interesting reading about that explosion at the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_San_Bruno_pipeline_explosion

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Ron, The thing about Cali. is it has every thing.
From snow capper mountains to beaches.
Cali. could be its own county.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
My guess is two fold.

1. They don't get inspected, serviced or repaired as often as the lines near larger metro. areas.

2. The lines are run through B.F.E. for this very reason. If something goes wrong you don't want the line to be in the middle of a metro area.

Although there was one that exploded in San Bruno, California that exploded as recently as September 2010 that destroyed 35 homes and killed eight people. PG&E of the Erin Brocovich case (1993) - remember the movie? was once again to blame.

It's interesting to note that during the investigation into in the San Bruno explosion the following was discovered:

"On January 13, 2012, an independent audit from the State of California issued a report stating that PG&E had illegally diverted over $100 million from a fund used for safety operations, and instead used it for executive compensation and bonuses."

Corporate greed once again rears its ugly head and people die as a result... :facepalm:

More interesting reading about that explosion at the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_San_Bruno_pipeline_explosion
They need to go to PRISON and then fined for all the money they STOLE (diverted) plus interest.

·
Super Moderator
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While looking at explosions. I ran across this video of this explosion. These guys were there just as it happened!

Intense!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/a7Sjl_x3fs0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts