TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems my 3.8 is dropping in fuel mileage. Some of you talk like you get 25-30 MPG out of your car. Mine seems to not be getting that good. I have a ton of KM's(yes not Miles) on my Cougar and I've checked most things under the hood and replaced the plugs. It may be normal but I was wondering if there is anything else to watch for?
Thanks
Donnie

·
Premium Member
8,978 Posts
goto an auto parts store and get that stuff that cleans out the carbon. Can't remember what it's called really, carbon x or something like that. Don't hold me to it. But all you do is hook it upto a vacuum hose in your engine bay ie: brake hose, or intake hose. And it sucks it into your engine and blows all this nasty black crap out your exhaust after driving around for 10 minutes or so. gets all that crap out of your engine and improves gas mileage and idle.
-Thomas

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O2 sensors

Yes I have never changed my 02 sensors before. They are too darn expensive to replace. But I have blown my head gasket and maybe they are a little contaminated still. I'll check it out.
Donnie

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I know they are expensive, but how much will you save on gas with the improved mileage? Not to mention that your car will run cleaner. If you blew the headgaskets and did not change out the o2 sensor on the side that blew, then I guarantee it is contaminated. That is one of the things I always change when doing HG's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts