TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hows the gas mileage on the 3.8 MN12's? I knwo that they have to be better then the v-8's right?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I usually run around 22 mpg in the summer but I'm not exactly easy on the accelerator either. On a trip I usually get around 25-26.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i commute to school 70 miles round trip every day and on a full tank of gas and cruising at 70MPH plus the regualr running around town i cna get 372 miles to a full tank before my low fuel light comes on

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i guess its better....normally ill got about 200 miles on a tank, but thats all around town and im not easy on the gas...

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Not a whole lot better. My old 88 T-Bird 3.8 used to get 23 city and 29-30 hwy. My 95 T-Bird 4.6 gets 22 city and 27-28 hwy.

I think these cars are too heavy for a V6, that's why the V6 mileage isn't better than it is.

Al

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I get about 375 to 400 kms per tank in the city. But Im not easy on the gas either. On the highway the car will drive forever on a full tank.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I average 15-16mpg in town.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
I get 17-19 avg. I've gotten up to 24 when it was all freeway. Sometimes I'm a leadfoot sometimes I'm a featherweight

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I usually get 130 to a tank. Why is it so bad lol.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
You somehow got a 9 gal tank? :confused:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Lol, no. It makes me think something is wrong with my car, but I drive it with a HEAVY foot, and it's power and accerleration are still good.

·
Registered
310 Posts
ha ha ha, i wish I had the type of mileage: 13 MPG in the stop and go. car doesnt have enough balls to get up and going, so im heavy on the pedal, but thats until the 3.8 goes, then its 5.0 time

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
worst I ever got was 18mpg, and have a VERY HEAVY FOOT. I averaged 20 around town and 24 on the highway stock, 19mpg around town and 26mpg on the freeway will all my mods and supercharger. The 4.6's tend to get worse mileage around town but better in on the freeway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts