TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I finally managed to get my 3.8 back into the bird but now I have encoutered a couple annoying problems. First and formost is the throttle cable slack. The motor i replaced was a 95 3.8 with cruise control with a 93 3.8 that did not have cruise. Since the cable would not hook up to the 93 throttle body so i swapped the 95 tb and now there is slack in the accelerator cable. How do I adjust the cable to get all my pedal back? Second thing is where does the vacuum line on the EGR go to on 93 3.8? I tried comparing to the old motor but the new one does not have the same part the old line goes to. Finally, how many O2 sensors does each motor have? I have an extra O2 sensor plug hanging down on the driver side but only one sensor on that side and it is plugged in. Sorry for the long rambling question. Thanks for any and all help. It feels good to have the bird back:D

·
Registered
109 Posts

As far as the cruise control goes, you could always cut the cable and then connect the two ends with a clamp. :tongue: I assume you are talking about the vacuum tube on top of the EGR? If so, it runs into a hole in the firewall. I'm not exactly sure where it goes after that. I also believe that your '95 engine had an electronically controlled EGR valve. There won't be a place for you to connect that vacuum line. I could be wrong though. There are two oxygen sensors on the '93, one on each side, they are both before the catalytic converters. On your 95 there are 3, 2 before the catalytic converters and 1 after.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not so much the cruise I am worried about as much as the accelerator cable. Judging by your response there is no way to adjust the cable:confused: :(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
theres a mod you can do to eliminate slack on your pedal. on a normal one, it brings up your pedal almost level to the brake.. basically jsut pull out the slack and use a nylon spacer or some vaccum line.. put it over the slack and zip-tie it down.... i will try to get a pic up to give you a better idea...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts