TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do gas stations use some type of injector cleaner in their gas? i know chevron has that techron stuff, but how effective is it? would i be better off just adding lucas or some other FI cleaner?

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Injector cleaner is crap. Either it's something else (like the fuel filter) or they need to be PROFESSIONALLY cleaned.

If you've tried everything else, search the web for a place for a place that cleans, tests and matches sets of injectors. Your injectors might be rated at 19lbs, but they are rarely exact, and some might be over and others under. With a matched set, it still might not be accurate (19lbs) but they will be precise. You would gain power and mileage. :ztoohot:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I do know of one cleaner that can probably get rid of anything that is dirty in a motor. I've seen this stuff eat away carbon build up. Its called "GM Top Engine Cleaner". I know this is a GM product but it can eat anything away. All you have to doo is Put this stuff into your motor and let it sit for about 24hrs. After that period start the car up and notice all the black smoke, All this is just the crud in your engine. It will clear up after a few minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts