TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to get a gasket for my gas tank cause they said not supose tobe reused. but i cant find one. the local auto parts store dont carry it unless i buy the lock ring with it. but i dont need the lock ring. does anybody know where to buy this? i've been tempted to use a large o-ring is this a bad idea?:confused:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If your old one is not damaged and it is not dry rotted I would go ahead and reuse it. It wouldn't hurt to put a little petroleum jelly on it to keep it from getting damaged as you tighten it.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
If your old one is not damaged and it is not dry rotted I would go ahead and reuse it. It wouldn't hurt to put a little petroleum jelly on it to keep it from getting damaged as you tighten it.
+1
I have reused the older ones with vaseline as long as they pass visual inspection. I always try to use a new o-ring, but sometimes those things are ridiculously hard to push in the hole, so there have been a couple times I didnt use a new one and it worked out fine. If there is a new lock ring with the fuel pump module, I ALWAYS use that, just because it is so pretty.
-Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts