TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many gallons is my gas tank on my tbird? How many gallons is left if its on red?

I just filled up my tank from red and it was only 15 gallons :p I heard it was 19 or so, but I want to make sure.

--John

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
The Tbird manual says it's 18 gallons and the red light will come on when you have 1/16th of your tank left. I usually figure I have 20-30 miles left when my warning light comes on

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Mine's 33 gallons. It sucks when I fill up every week... My gas gauge doesn't work, so every 200 miles I fill 'er up. Last time it was $37.51. That sucked!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Most I ever put in was 17.47 gallons, last week. I get too paranoid when it's that low, but after that I feel more confident in it.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I've never put more than 16 gallons in my bird.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
I get too paranoid when it's that low, but after that I feel more confident in it.
Same here, I never like to see that low fuel light or check gauges light on.

How much is left when the low fuel light in the VMM comes on? I thought I read 2 or 3 gallons one time...?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Jeff,
It seems to vary just a little, but usually after it comes on I have slightly more than 3 gallons in it. By the time I get it to a station it's about 15 gallons to fill 'er up.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
The light on my VMM is just the warning light that the check guages light is going to start coming on :D I've put 17.1 in before, I think that was the most.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts