TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple weeks, theres been a gasoline odor emminating from my bird.....anyone have annny idea what could cause this?......i know the smell is normal when u refill the tank...but it usually goes away....its not......any suggestions?

:confused:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i have teh same problem... maybe youre running too rich?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm....i just replaced the whole gas pump assembly......i also went back to 89 octane from 93..gas prices raising again...and the car actually ran a bit smoother...so ive been sticking with it.....mistake?

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Also might want to check the fuel lines that run between the body and tank on the drivers' side. Might be rubbing a hole on one. Had that happen on a 96 Cougar.

Jay

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok...i think its that..because the scent is realy strong on the drivers side......soo where are they??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
.....now im confused....where could the smell be coming from??....when im idleing its rough!...that heat that comes up from under the car ...like around the drivers side mirror area.... is just fillled with gasoline fumes....makn me dizzy at times ....no good...must fix!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sound like a fuel rail leak or a leaky injector, considering underhood air is causing the smell. Do you have any trouble starting the car. Could be a bad fuel filter, rusted through.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Naa, no trouble starting, car isnt running rough....im gonna take it back and get it checked...

thanks for the suggestions of what to look for everyone

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IT was a vapor hose that i guess was sagging against the driveshaft and got a pretty decent sized hole rubbed through it

keep an eye on that one people..thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.