1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
the SC cluster has a boost gauge, you dont have a blower so the boost gauge wont work. that ebay cluster will work i think.

i happen to have a spare cluster like the ebay one, but i doesnt have a fuel/volt gauge assembly and the odometer numbers dont rotate. i will sell it for $30 shipped, and i will put in a working speedometer with rotating numbers and a fuel/volt gauge assembly. let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 things...

1, how hard would it be to install one, if too hard, how much to get it done by pros
2, cash or check and what location

·
6,910 Posts
92ILTBird said:
2 things...

1, how hard would it be to install one, if too hard, how much to get it done by pros
2, cash or check and what location
1 - ill find out for ya
2 - ill accept either, im in TX

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Swapping clusters is easy. Remove the headlight knob and gauge trim (black piece) Then just remove the 4 bolts holding the cluster in. Once they are out, pull a bit until you can get your hand back there to unplug them, then it's out.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, thanks alot
\m/

·
6,910 Posts
Melon said:
Swapping clusters is easy. Remove the headlight knob and gauge trim (black piece) Then just remove the 4 bolts holding the cluster in. Once they are out, pull a bit until you can get your hand back there to unplug them, then it's out.

-Andy "Melon"
dont you have to change wiring harnesses?

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I think the wiring harnesses are the same. Ford used the same wiring harnesses for pretty much everything. I think it includes the gauge cluster.
-Thomas

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Harness connector itself - no. It clips in. But wiring behind it, probably. I'm not 100% sure about changing the wiring for speedometer, fuel gauge, and temp gauge. But you will probably have to for oil pressure and volts gauge and run a wire for the tach. I'd get the other cluster, put it in, and go for a quick spin around the block to see what works and what doesn't. Then you'll have an idea where to start.

-Andy "Melon"

Also, not to steal a sale from Big Mike, but I have a full cluster as well for sale.. $30 shipped if his falls through :D Mike gets first dibs on selling since he offered his first.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats cool, if he cant fix his ill email or pm ya

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just put a 1993 TBird LX(Sport) instrument cluster in my 1991 TBird with an original three gauge unit. You will need to change 31 of the 32 wires and add a few gounds, a few positive wires, and you will need to run a wire to the ignition coil under the hood for the tachometer signal.

An SC cluster will work just as well as the LX cluster, but you will have a boost gauge for no reason.

You can find wiring diagrams at:
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=16469&highlight=gauge+swap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts