TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to sell my pi intake. Drilled and tapped for the second coolant sensor. Has insulated boot for the bottem of the intake (came off explorer). Trick Flow plenum, and 75mm BBk T/B. 99+ gt intake tube. Brand new never used K&N cone filter. 80mm Lightning MAF. 24lb cobra fuel injectors(never style plug) with 96-97 bird rails. Also would come with brand new never used water pump nipple needed to run the coolant tube for the pi intake. Looking to let this go as a package deal if there is interest. Would make a great setup for a 94-97 bird.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
What is the purpose of the insulated boot for the bottom of the intake manifold - to make more power by keeping the intake air charge cooler?

Dennis

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MC94XR7 for your information I ran the lightning MAF right into the stock air-box (that i'm keeping) with a drop in K&N on this intake setup. Thats why I'm including a brand new NEVER USED cone filter. Figured more people would be interested in that then a stock air box. Never claimed it was a cold air setup smart ass. Thanks for the bumps!!!

-Derrick-

·
Banned
2,185 Posts
lol...just change the plastic stuff to the metal piping. it will help you better. you get the cold air from the bumper (yes, good idea), but that black plastic gets heated up in the engine bay- it gets hot in there with the exhaust manifolds/ headers in there.
yir welcome for the bump.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Pricing would be a super idea.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
lol...just change the plastic stuff to the metal piping. it will help you better. you get the cold air from the bumper (yes, good idea), but that black plastic gets heated up in the engine bay- it gets hot in there with the exhaust manifolds/ headers in there.
yir welcome for the bump.
a plastic/rubber intake tube will deliver cooler intake air temps than a metal intake tube.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
a plastic/rubber intake tube will deliver cooler intake air temps than a metal intake tube.
exactly

oh, and becareful with that GT intake tube on that 75mm throttle body without a hose clamp...it WILL develop cracks like that (from experience)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Rubber insulates better, cold air inside, hot underhood outside. Metal intake allows hot air to "stick and transfer" thru to inside.

·
Registered
875 Posts
A good example would be the insulating factor between old aluminum framed windows versus new vinyl framed windows. Metal only reflects heat from light, like a mirror would, but absorbs actual temp/heat.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i thought that a shiny metal surface reflects the heat away and black rubber will absorb the heat
shiny metal reflects light, which is only one of the ways energy is transferred as heat

free bump for the OP

1 - 20 of 20 Posts