TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the latest dyno graph from Aric at Injected.

Voila, here's the new one:

Here's the old one:

As you can see, the numbers are pretty much the same - a little more torque, and maybe the numbers peaked a little bit sooner this time around. The A/F goes a bit fatter, but levels out to a darn straight line. I don't know what the boost gauge was reading.

As for the variables between the two sessions - there's the usual "different dyno set up, different day." Also due to some earlier spark plug blow out issues, Aric used different plugs this time around. The biggest difference was that this latest pull was 100% pure pump gas (well with the usual amount of Alcohol). At the prior session, we used about 75% race gas, so Aric could "cheat" a bit.

I think 527 rwhp/525 ft lbs should be a lot of fun on the street.

Someday, down the road, I'll let Aric fill her up with the "good stuff", and see what all GB can do, but for now I'm gonna drive her with a nice safe, street tune, and leave the max numbers a mystery.

:cool:

-mike

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
2,871 Posts
Thanks for the update Mike! With so much time, effort and craftmanship in your vehicle it's cool to see where it tops out(so far). Next time i'm in your neighborhood I'm coming over for a ride! ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
Great work! :)

When do we get to see another photo set?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When do we get to see another photo set?
Most likely, not until I get her home to Florida, hopefully by the end of this month. Once she's home, I can take my time and take all the pix I want, and post em up.

-mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is awesome power!! I cant imagine how ridiculous it would feel to drive an mn12 at those power levels on the street?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I cant imagine how ridiculous it would feel to drive an mn12 at those power levels on the street?
Well, I don't have a lot of hours in GB, Scott has a lot more than I do. But my experience is that she is exceptionally tame and user friendly. The combination of high stall converter and being centrifugally blown keeps her very mellow .. :angel2:

... Until you put your foot in it ... then she gets a bit "playful" ... :diablo: ... can you say "sideways?" .. I will relate one experience:

On the way up to Commerce from Atlanta, I was on the transition ramp from I-75 S to I-85 N .. Anyone familiar with that area knows that there are some wonderful multi-lane, banked exit/entrance ramps that transition you from one Interstate to another. I was in GB in the far right lane, and Scott was ahead of me in the C6. We were probably doing 55 mph, along with quite a bit of traffic when in my rear view mirror I spotted a particularly obnoxious 911 a ways behind us, weaving through traffic, cutting folks off, trying to "make time" in traffic. Well Scott must have spotted him too, 'cause all of a sudden, the vette took off in front of me, leaving a significant, and very tempting gap between us. The 911 pulled behind me, then jerked out in front of the car to my left and a bit behind me. It seemed that his intention was to pass me, then cut in front of me, go after Scott and cut someone else off. Well, just about when he pulled alongside GB, I decided to close the gap between GB and the vette. I overdid the gas a bit (by accident, of course), and the next thing I knew there was all this blue smoke surrounding GB and in the cabin, and GB was a bit sideways, and she was drifting, very safely, of course, around the banked transition ramp... one second the 911 guy was alongside, the next second, he was gone, quite a ways behind me, and I had caught up to Scott. Neither of us ever saw the 911 again. The best part was that the guy driving the Porsche had a young boy, maybe 10 or 11 or so, in the car with him, probably his son for whom he was showing off, and the expression on that kid's face when GB went sideways with blue smoke surrounding her was absolutely priceless - his jaw dropped a foot, and stayed that for way a long time..... Now I don't recommend the kind of behavior I exhibited, but after all it was my first day with GB, and it was an accident ... I'll never do anything like that again, I promise ... but it sure was fun for a few seconds ....

Aric, the tuner at Injected Engineering, has many years experience driving very powerful hot rods, including a T-Bird he built several years ago. He took me out in GB for a little test ride around Kennesaw, and he tickled the gas pedal a bit for me ... GB is a handful when she wakes up, and keeping her straight is ... well, let us say, challenging ...

But as I said earlier on, for normal driving, if you keep your foot out of it, she's as tame as a Volkswagen .. The other thing that makes her fun is that Scott built her for driving, not for drag racing ... What I mean is that she has a very stiff suspension. If you place a jack almost anywhere under the chassis and start pumpin', at least three wheels come up, sometimes all four. I guess the combination of the roll cage and JL's braces, and all the extra welding done to beef up the IRS makes that possible. What that translates to is that GB feels like she's on rails in the twisties .... That suspension will always limit what she will do at the drag strip, although the video shows a lot of weight transfer on launch, and with some proper traction control, I think she has 10's in her, stiff suspension and all ...

Link to Launch Vid - almost looks like the front wheels want to come up

From my point of view, Scott gave me exactly what he promised, and what I wanted - an American musclecar - a street rod .. :bowdown:

.... and I am really anxious to get her home to play with ...

:xpcool:

-mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts