TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just gears for my car there richmond gears 3.73 the guy from jegs said it would work for my car, but i looked at the pinion gear and it alot bigger than the stack pinion it looks more like a ford 9 inch pinion do u think this will work out i was told if the pinion bearing fits it should work. and i was also wondering what spline the pinion is it a 30 spline pinion? thats what i have

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
ok guys i just gears for my car there richmond gears 3.73 the guy from jegs said it would work for my car, but i looked at the pinion gear and it alot bigger than the stack pinion it looks more like a ford 9 inch pinion do u think this will work out i was told if the pinion bearing fits it should work. and i was also wondering what spline the pinion is it a 30 spline pinion? thats what i have

is the gear set for an 8.8 ford? splines matter for your differential, not your gears.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes there for an 8.8

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy at jegs said they'd work for my year of car i told him that i had an irs rear and he didn't know they did

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was just wondering cause the stock pinion gear is really small thats all i geuss i'll know alittle more when i get the rearend apart

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i was just wondering cause the stock pinion gear is really small thats all i geuss i'll know alittle more when i get the rearend apart
you really dont plan on installing those gears yourself, do you?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was planning it but i heard it can be a pain so i thinking about taking it to a shop to get it done

·
Registered
9,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
as far as size goes there will be a differance in the size of both ring and pinion depending on what gear ratio you use. you will also notice a differance in the angle of the teeh of the ring gear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts