TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have purchased a number of both intakes with 1 set of imrcs per type. i am just about done with lapping valves and assembling the last head. its getting down to crunch time and i can decide which intake to use.

i have read in here that the gen 1 is superior. what prep work is needed for it to work the best? will it fit (stang)?i read firewall issues. hmmmm.

i have taken the plugs out the one of my genII's and no wonder it is inferior.(taper and finish looks like it was designed at the 12 1/2 hour) but it does look better.

i really dont care which i use unless the gen I can REALLY be made to work well.

turbo 14psi. 8.5:1 all forged.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. i hate the cobra intake. two ports into a common runner = bullcrap.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill get the early mark to fit.

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
Kinda off topic, but where can you get the plugs to put back in the manifold?

The ford parts guy in town and I couldn't find them in the computer...

Is there somewhere besides ford to order them?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
no. i hate the cobra intake. two ports into a common runner = bullcrap.
OK. So you don't like the Cobra intake, but you're considering a Gen II intake!??!?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Have you looked at the way the Gen II intake splits the ports???? :2huh:

And the Gen I intake is probably the best for low end torque on a NA engine, but not for any type of boosted applications.

Like it or not, the best intake (that is readily available) for the B head is the Cobra intake. For a boosted application, get a Cobra intake, cut it apart and make it into a short runner intake like this: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/owenslee/Miscelaneous/modifiedcobralowerwithtubescut.jpg

I think you will be a lot happier with that setup than you will with trying to plumb something to a Gen I intake for a boosted application. But of course, just my opinions. :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i dont really like the gen 2 either.

well at least they are aluminum. metal is far easier to work with than plastics.

gen 1 is the one i like. i bought some gen2 's to find out what they are about. what there is to work with, and no group of people knows more about them than you guys.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a bit extreme for a short runner. no runners at all.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts