TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a few months after posting this thread: http://forums.tccoa.com/6-general-tech/142979-tipping-point.html

I sold my (and my FIL's) bird to someone. New owner texted me out of the blue yesterday, he wants to know if I want the car back. He paid me $1700, has put ~50k miles on it, it needs new tires, he's majorly potholed two of the cobra's. Says a/c still works etc. Paint is even worse than when i sold it...

Contemplating buying it back. He wants $500 for it. My daily is a 2014 f150 ecoboost, tons of oomph but she's a big *****, and I kind of miss the thunderbird.

any thoughts. it's been 4 years apparently...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Id jump at it, $500 for it aint bad. Needs new wheels sure but it would be a good car just to mess with on the weekends or whatever.

·
Super Moderator
7,564 Posts
I would definitely buy that for $500. You can probably get the bent wheels straightened for around $125 each, or just swap them out for some other wheels.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I got it; I'd probably swap to mustang brakes/hubs and change wheels at the same time instead of searching for the thunderbird specific bolt pattern.

I'd also use it to teach myself how to paint cars.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I agree. I drive other cars and it always feels good to get back in the bird. $500 is a great price for that car, plus you have history with it. Do it before someone else gets it! :)

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,368 Posts
Sure, if you've got the space for it, grab it. Turn it into a long term project car; that will make it more uniquely yours. :)

Shame about those wheels though. Despite mine being chrome, that's are my favorite finish for that particular mold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts