TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im going to a body shop pretty soon to get an estimate to take out these remaining dents in the front of my hood.

IT cant be banged out any more, so I was thinking, I could just get a cowl hood or something, and get it painted black [which is my stock hood color, my hood right now has some noticable scratches in it, and the front bumper]

I was originally planning on getting the whole car repainted black, but now that I think about it, the only real noticable damage is on the hood.

So should I Get my original hood fixed and repainted black, or just get a new different kind of hood and get that painted?

Which would be cheaper?

And yes, I am a newbie at this.

Thanks in advance

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
cheaper?, repainting your stock hood and repairing it, i had the same thoughts in my head a few months ago when i had my cat repainted but finding a cowl hood is not an easy thing to do nor buying one cheap

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Im looking for an Extended cowl like this

Except that will fit my car [97 LX 8L] I mean I dont know if there is a hood like that, that fits my car but that would be nice. When I say cheap Im thinking around 300-350 for the hood, then I would find out about the painting, I could be able to do that myself at the other house though.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
#1 they dont make a cowl that extreme for your car #2 it would look stupid #3 it wouldnt be that cheap anyway

·
Registered
708 Posts
to answer your original question.

concerning hoods and collision repairs. hoods are rather difficult to fix with body filler. even cheap-azz insurance companies will pay to replace a hood with minor damage. I imagine that a body shop will try to steer you toward a new hood, weather it be ford, aftermarket, or used.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts