TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I flushed my cooling system, I thought I did everything correctly...opened the drain plug and drained the rad. Well after I filled it back up I noticed that it makes a bubbleing sound for about 30 seconds or so after start up. It also runs a little warmer then it used to. I've came to the conclusion that I have air traped in the system since a fellow 3.8 t-bird owner also stated that his car made the same sound, and it was traped air. Also my car seems to be useing coolent, I don't know where it's going. I thought It might be a blown HG but there's no signs (clean oil, no smoke, doesn''t overheat,just runs kinda warm) so the dissapering coolent kinda has me stumped. I think it is liked to the traped air some how. Anyone know where the coolent is going or how to get the air out of the cooling system??

·
Registered
607 Posts
With the engine cold lossen the bolt that is the coolent bleader neck. It is that tube that comes up from the lower intake maifold, in front of the upper intake manifold. It says somthing like Dont remove when engine running on it. Now start up the engine. Watch the bleader neck when coolent starts to come out tighten the bolt. Now you have most of the air out of the system. The car running warm could be due to air in the system, it doesnt act as a very good coolent. You could be losing coolent out of the radiator cap, change that. Next check the lower and upper radiator hoses, and also the coolent resivor. Let us know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts