TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the mt-82 will fit in our cars? Ive been looking at one for awhile now and am thinking of doing something crazy when I get back from afghanistan this month.

·
Super Moderator
7,558 Posts
I'm sure you could make it fit, since the 05+ TR3650 fits, and the MT-82 is designated for the same platform, but why would you do that? There have been nothing but complaints from people with the new Mustang GTs about that transmission. You would be much better off going with either a T45 or a TR-3650, or if you really want the 6-speed, go for either a T56 or a TR-6060.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well mainly because there have been fixes for those compliaints about the tranny jumping out of gear, hard shifting in the cold, etc. installing a barton short throw or an mgw shifter more often than not fixes that issue, as well as different fluid. Also my project will be taking a huge turn, here shortly when I return and Id rather not say what it will consist of because of the negative publicity that it brings. Im not one to speak with no action so ill wait to post anything, and Im sure you can read between the lines Mikey! lol thanks for the inpout though, its appreciated. Ill keep you posted on what will happen.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Can't say I haven't thought about it but there haven't been many on the market from what I have seen. I am also not concerned about the complaints and would like six gears for less money than a T56/TR6060.

-Bryan

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't say I haven't thought about it but there haven't been many on the market from what I have seen. I am also not concerned about the complaints and would like six gears for less money than a T56/TR6060.

-Bryan
I hear you man, I actually found this one on corral.net forums just randomly browsing. I dont mind complaints about the tranny at all, hell who hasnt complained about EVERY tranny in some way?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
...new winter project...:D

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You grab one?
Maybe...

I might need some help getting the wiring correct. I've reading a lot about the trans swaps and this looks similar to an 05-10 3650 swap. There are still a few details I need to iron out though.

-Bryan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts