TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about treating myself to a new digital camera for Christmas this year. I have a little 1.3 MP FujiFilm POS from years ago and I'm starting to get interested in photography as a hobby. I have been looking at this one. I have heard that Minolta is a good brand. Does anyone have a Minolta or even this camera? What to you all think?

-Greg

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
While Digital cameras are the next best thing to sliced bread, in terms of picture taking for car shows, races, pretty much anything you can imagine, and the ability to load the images on your pc. I have to agree with Greenbird, in that if you are looking at photography as a hobby, you need a real film camera, Digitals are still not as good as a film camera. Digital cameras have their limits.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really talking about anything serious though. As a hobby I meant more along the lines of just taking random pictures of stuff every once and a while and putting them on my computer/website. Eventually, if I stay interested long enough, I will get a "real" camera. My cousin is willing to sell me his old, but very nice, large format camera for next to nothing. But for right now I'm more interested in your average point-and-shoot camera.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts