TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i wont get into detail, because i dont know if it's against the rules or not.

I wasn't street racing, but lets just say i did something the cops really didn't care for.

They managed to get my license plate number, but they didn't pull me over, couldn't find me.

There were 2 cops that saw the car. One wrote the license plate, one just saw the car.

since they didn't pull me over would they mail me a ticket or what?

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
if they didn't pull you over, how do you know all this?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, because i'm dumb and did get pulled over. took a wrong road home. I'm curious what would of happened if i took the other way home and didn't get pulled over.

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
you probably wouldn't have gotten a ticket? I'm confused. :confused:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
So you ran, got away, then drove back past them. They then caught you?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, i got away, then took a road a few blocks away and they spotted me. and pulled me over.

And no, i might not of gotten the ticket, but i'm mostly curious if they would of just mailed me a ticket since they had my license plate

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya, thats what i was mostly worried about. I should of kept the car hidden for a few hours, then i wouldn't of gotten this stupid ticket

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,118 Posts
If what you said is correct. It wouldn't matter if it was the RCMP or Saskatoon City Police. If they felt it warranted a ticket, they would be paying you a visit at your door and it may not have been just a ticket you would be receiving.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats what i figured. I also figured if i got pulled over, wasn't drunk, and polite, the cop might go easy on my instead of just sending me a $275 ticket in the mail. This way it was only $140.

·
Super Moderator
12,245 Posts
Without proof (like the cameras that take your picture when you run a red light) I don't think they could mail you a ticket. I might be wrong though.
They got your plate # and a good look at your car. You're toast. They don't need a picture of the car if one cop saw what happened let alone two cops. Regardless if you hid for a day, month or year. They'd have been waiting on you at the house most likely right away (but the did find you so that wasn't necessary). The longer you laid low the worse they would come down on you.

If what you said is correct. It wouldn't matter if it was the RCMP or Saskatoon City Police. If they felt it warranted a ticket, they would be paying you a visit at your door and it may not have been just a ticket you would be receiving.
:zwthstpd:
Regardless if you hid for a day, month or year. They'd have been waiting on you at the house most likely right away (but the did find you so that wasn't necessary). The longer you laid low the worse they would come down on you.

thats what i figured. I also figured if i got pulled over, wasn't drunk, and polite, the cop might go easy on my instead of just sending me a $275 ticket in the mail. This way it was only $140.
If all you got was a $140 ticket they let you off Eaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyy!

In NC you'd be treated like a drunk driver for what you just described. Hauled off in handcuffs, automatic loss of license for like a year and ungodly points on your license when you did get it back which would drive your insurance rates through the roof. You'd have to work 6 jobs just to keep up with the insurance premiums.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
plates dont really go up here. you lose points on your license... my plates are going to cost a very little more a month. And yes, $140 is easy, but not when you dont have alot of money, lol. Dont get me wrong, i am thanking my lucky starts. Its also time to retire my driving habits, and get some more sensible ones. And sadly the cougar may just have to go with them

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
IDK if you really would have gotten in much trouble. A friend’s friend was clocked at 140+ mph and was in a two cop chase and got away (easily with his car, turbo VR6) and hid the car. It was in the news paper a day later lol. Cops eventually found the car but couldn’t prove who was driving or something like that so they just impounded it for the maximum amount of time, I think 30 days or something. He had a lawyer so that might have helped.

Guess he still got in trouble per se because he didn’t have his car for 30 days. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
tbh I can't see how if they didn't see YOU(actual person) that they would have given you a ticket. My reasoning for this thought is that if you get bagged by a red light camera you don't get points because they can't prove you were driving the vehicle at the time of said offense but if a cop pulls you over you get points. Im not encouraging running from cops by any means but I just don't see them caring enough (depending on what you were doing) or able to prove it was you unless they new 100% that it was you driving at the time.

·
5,650 Posts
If a red light camera tags a car, the police send the ticket to the registered owner of the car. If that person is not the driver, they need to provide the information of the person who did drive the car at the time of the infraction and the ticket will then be sent to that person. Otherwise the ticket is stuck with the registered owner.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Right, I am not arguing that fact however they will not get the points either way since it wasn't proven who was driving at the time.

·
5,650 Posts
Right, I am not arguing that fact however they will not get the points either way since it wasn't proven who was driving at the time.
Maybe it's different in NY, but here in CA you will get points. The photographs they take show the car before the limit line (to show the light has already turned red), after the limit line, and also a shot from the front pointing right at the driver. The pictures are a high enough resolution to be used as photographic evidence.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If a red light camera tags a car, the police send the ticket to the registered owner of the car. If that person is not the driver, they need to provide the information of the person who did drive the car at the time of the infraction and the ticket will then be sent to that person. Otherwise the ticket is stuck with the registered owner.
not true in Arizona. You are under no obligation to divulge who was driving the car. Just have to make a copy of the R/O's id to show that it wasn't them and the ticket is done. The only recourse is to send a process server to the address on the registration and hope the driver lives there. If not, ticket goes by by.

In order to be given a citation, the officer needs to be able to identify the driver who committed the offense. If they can't no ticket irregardless if they id the car or not.

·
5,650 Posts
Yup, it's different here then. There is a section that you must choose one of two options. Pay it yourself, or pass the ticket on to who was driving. They assume that if you haven't reported the vehicle stolen (which you would have to show proof of via police paperwork that shows the car being stolen at the time the infraction was committed) that you authorized someone to drive the car, and they want to know who so they can get your money! If the car was stolen and you didn't report it, it still the owner's burden.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts