TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what is the best (read cheapest, and probably will make it) way to get a tire and wheel shipped?

I bought a Volvo 17 inch spare off eBay, and the seller had the shipping thing automatically setup to show you shipping, and it was around 15 bucks USPS and 18 UPS. I selected UPS but awhile later he replied saying that the best he could do was 43 bucks UPS.

I found a spare like it locally for close to the same price as part and shipping are going to cost.

I would think that he could just slap a shipping label on the tire/wheel. When I helped the UPS guy unload my desk (he wanted to leave it at the curb) I noticed a few full sets of wheels and tires lose, I have also gotten odd sized things unwrapped, like sway bars.

I want to get this thing as cheaply as possible, I have the feeling it is going to take so long that it is going to be on its way while I am on vacation to complicate things even more.

I am waiting for this to get the dang cobra brakes finally done on my car.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
I just shipped 4 tires the other day. Taped them together in 2 each and then put shriek wrap on them. 105 lbs total. FedEx got them there in fine shape i do belive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts