TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

They came this morning and got my bird. Theyre taking it to their shop to fix the torn shock and etc... This is a list of everything im geting done as we speak:

Fix shock: theyre re-welding the shock mount and reinforcing it so that it dosnet happen again, also putting new shocks on it as the old ones were probably shot anyway.

Fix Hydraulic leak: Its been leaking pretty bad for a while... new hydraulic cylinders if it needs it, if it dosnet they are just going to replace the valves or where ever it is leaking from, but the leak is getting fixed.

Paint/Replace window trim: they are piulling off what they can pull off and painting it black, the peices around the window is fading also so they are fixing those too, repainting black what needs to be.

Paint: They are painting the roof where it is faded, the fenders where i chipped the paint pretty bad when i had it too low and turned too sharp, the front bumper and xenon peice, the rearbumper and xenon peice, and they are repainting the side skirts also. They are also pulling it off and re-attaching it correctly.

Wetsand and Buff entire car:
Everything that is not being repainted *basically the doors, hood and trunk lid, as well as the fenders and rear quarter panel* are being wet sanded and buffed to look better, the panit is still pretty good there but i didnt want it to look brand new in some spots and old in others.

Front peice by the radiator support: Im talkin about the plastic peice that your headlights connect to and goes long ways across your radiator support, your front bumper mounts to this too- mine is all cracked and thats what is causing the front bumper to sag about half an inch. its from having the front completly dumped and raising the rear till its maxed out, this put alot of pressure on it and cracked it. Its being replaced.

Seat Belts: I dont know why, but david had the seat belts taken out. If they can find some reasonably i told them to call me and replace them, if not, ill worry about it when i get it out of the shop.

Basically, im having a assload of work done to it, and i sure hope they do it right and take care of it. i told him if the paint wouldent match or soemthing crazy id rather not even do it. Im not going to say how much it is costing me because that is irrevelant, the fact is the car has alot of sentimental value to me just like everyone on heres bird does to them. Well see how it goes.. hopefully it will come out how i hope- say a prayer ;-)

Matt

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You should watch as much as you can and get to know everything they're doing. That way you will have a better understanding of what makes your car 'tick'. Good luck with everything and get some pics.

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eg0r said:
didnt u have a problem with the hood before? how did that turn out?
hood pins.

Pics are on the post i did about them called 'finished hood pins!" or somethin similar to that. they look good.

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
man im glad you show so much determination in fixing up that birdy and returning it to old glory
hopefully one day we can meet up and take some pics together
that bird was allways sumthing i looked up on with my car
peace !

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Good luck! I just read all the threads... and it sounds like yur finally getting somewhere...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts