TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
not really looking forward to the day that they let a bag of rice into nascar *cough* toyota*cough*... but yeah. the fusions will still kill em all!!! GO KENSETH!!!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Stoked!

Not crazy about Toyota in the game either, but face it, these quite being 'stock' cars a long, long time ago. The last stock bodied cars on NASCAR were in the early '80s.

I do miss those days. If one manufacturer had an aero advantage over another back then, too bad! Let the other guys redesign their cars (remember the raked rear window Monte Carlos Chevrolet built to compete with the Jellybean Tbirds in '86-87? Those were the days.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
why did kenseth get docked?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Illegal Modifications.... Robbie was suspended & Kenseth docked 50 points...

Just another story line...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I am looking forward to it, going to watch it with my buds. Not the same as the 13 years I camped in the infield.
Toyota is ok with me, they are made in the USA and will probably be the #1 car company unless detroit gets on the stick. The Toyota V8 engines are made here in Huntsville. Nothing stock anymore in NASCAR.
And no I do not have a Toyota - 3 GMs, 2 Fords, and a Mazda.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
yea toyota makes me sick. did you guys hear tony and junior last week when they talked on tv? at the end they both said GO CHEVY! they were talkin about toyota. even rosh said stuff about toyota. could you imagine what dale earnhardt would have said? when they would introduce someone driving a toyota the crowd would go boooooooo. before you know it honda will have a car in nascar. honda said no a year or 2 ago but so did toyota a while back.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Actually, although the Camry is made down the road here in Ky, a good majority are still made in Japan and in China (actually much more than you would think). I miss the days of knowing what manufacturer the car was before the paint. The good ole days are gone and commercial has taken over. But, we all know that if these cars all raced stock, the Charger would kill everyone else. What do you guys think of the Impala and Avenger being used for the car of tomorrow vs the Monte and Charger?

BTW, the car of tomorrow looks like rice to me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I just don't like common templates. I think they should at least go back to stock body dimensions and let the manufacturers fight it out in the aerodynamics. They can all be RWD 355ci V8's with a tube chassis like they are today, but force the stock body dimensions on them to differentiate the pack.

The charger would be dead last in that arena due to it's bricklike nose. But at least it would put some meaning back into the term "stock car racing".

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I'd be more excited for it if I wasn't studying for 5 finals. And I've been saying it now for 11 years, Go Burton! (Amazing how a driver can turn around when he gets decent support from his owner and doesn't have to be driver and crew chief at the same time!)

Dusty said:
Toyota is ok with me, they are made in the USA and will probably be the #1 car company unless detroit gets on the stick. The Toyota V8 engines are made here in Huntsville. Nothing stock anymore in NASCAR.
+1
And if we really want to go back to "stock" . . . lets bring the Hemi back.:zdevil:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
trashcar

I may not watch a minute of the race..............I'm tired of #$%^box ricers.

Kenseth and the Killer Bees rule!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have to give NASCAR credit... They've shown a lot of restraint. I mean they damn near made it 50 laps into the season before throwing their first fake caution. :tongue:

J

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Aaron K. said:
I'll be there this year. We are getting there Thursday afternoon and camping on the infield.
infield idiot!

im anxious to see how Casey Mears will do.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have no problem at all with Toyota or any other foreign manufacturer racing in NASCAR, just as I have no problem with Ichiro Suzuki or Roberto Clemente playing baseball. People seem to forget that MG and Jaguar have both competed in NASCAR in the past, and that Jaguar actually won a race. I don't think Big Bill France conceived as NASCAR as open only to US manufacturers, so why people today treat Toyota in NASCAR like a fart in church is beyond me.

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
I quit watching nascar when they added restrictor plates...

Same thing with cycle gp racing; they used 22mm restrictor plates to kill off the 2 stroke gp bikes, and only recently have they came back to the power levels I ran in the 70's.

I'd kill for a TZ750 street bike...~220 pounds wet, with 150hp at about 12000 rpm...

Ever done a 160mph wheelie?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
mercutio said:
I have no problem at all with Toyota or any other foreign manufacturer racing in NASCAR, just as I have no problem with Ichiro Suzuki or Roberto Clemente playing baseball. People seem to forget that MG and Jaguar have both competed in NASCAR in the past, and that Jaguar actually won a race. I don't think Big Bill France conceived as NASCAR as open only to US manufacturers, so why people today treat Toyota in NASCAR like a fart in church is beyond me.
i knew that. 57 wasnt it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts